Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Family Heritage




This last week I spent some time at my Grandfather's 130-acre cattle farm in Kannapolis, NC.  Despite my Grandpa's ongoing fight against pancreatic cancer (and all the negative affects of the chemotherapy), he has been maintaining a good perspective and is ALWAYS going out of his way to try to help me on my crazy quest to start a mobile coffee bar.


This last trip I was working on joining and planing what will be the outside countertops.  It's made out of gorgeous maple that my Grandpa rescued from a rotted tree on his property and cut up himself on his own saw mill.  I count myself so blessed that I have been able to watch my Grandpa show off his woodworking skills and I have been able to work beside him and my dad on several projects.

I am (at best) an amateur woodworker and have just been so amazed at the help I have been given so far by men and women much more skilled than I!  Here's a quick list of those who have helped in several capacities:


Grandpa Harry Morris- planning, supplies, financial support, electrical, free meals and board!
Uncle John Morris- planning, supplies, woodcutting, electrical, plumbing
Tom Morris- planning, financial support, woodcutting, moral support
Eric Leighland- insulation, woodcutting, design
Cameron Kinch- insulation, woodcutting, theology (more important than you think!)
Wizard Designs- website
Julie Morris- my rock, my 24/7 sounding board, my sanity, and my sweet beautiful wife- Love you!

-T




No comments:

Post a Comment